What is it?
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is an email, a calendar, and a drive-to store all your school work. It is a way to share and work together; it can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection, including smartphones and tablets.
- Work with other students and teachers as you create
So long flash drives!
-Safely and securely store your files
-Access and print your work from anywhere
- All work is saved automatically
- Easily "Share" documents with other students and teachers
- GMail is for student use only
- Teachers will continue to use their CJUSD district mail
- Share schedules and calendars instantly (ex. activity schedules or classroom assignments)
- Calendar can email or text you reminders about due dates
- Create a portfolio of your work to share with teachers, family and friends
- Anything you create in drive can be added to your web site
- Upload and share video assignments
- Create playlists based on your classes (Science, English, etc.)
How do I log in?
You can log into your account two ways:
1. Log into your account at: http://drive.google.com/a/my.cjusd.net using your using your district username and district password (the same username (firstname_lastname) password you use to log onto the computer).
2. Log directly into G o o g l e using your district email address and district password (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
On the next screen use your district username and district password (the same username and firstname_lastname) password you use to log onto the computer).
That's it! You're in! You can now go directly to G o o g l e at: www.google.com and log on using your tablet, computer or phone.
Safety and Security
- Passwords are changed every summer to teach safe password habits and security.
- Safely communicate with anyone at school (Classmates, Teachers, Librarians)
- Juniors/Seniors will have access to outside emails for college and career purposes.
- The default setting for all work is 'Private.'
- All email messages are archived for accountability purposes.
- Don't forget, you can log in using your student's information at any time to view their work.