Welcome to Grand Terrace Career Center!
(located in the portables in P802 near the gym)
A Career Readiness Specialist provides career guidance, recruitment, and assessment services on the GTHS campus that CRY-ROP serves. They provide information on our programs, and are your go-to people for career planning and support. Your Career Readiness Specialist will help you research your options for after high school based on your interests and goals, while they assist you with developing career, education and job search skills.
We provide resources for career, college, scholarships, military, apprentice/trade schools and other opportunities for students to explore what is available to them on their road to success.
CRY-ROP provides quality, hands-on career training programs in high-demand career fields to assist high school students in acquiring marketable job skills.
ASVAB Career Assessment
- March 11, 2020
Benefits of Taking the ASVAB
- Provides relevant information for career and education decision making
- Identifies students' abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Establishes a relevancy between the world of work and school
- Provides a complete and exciting Career Exploration Program
- Gives the student a purpose to stay in school
This is not a military test. It is an opportunity to find the careers you are best suited for and to explore all of your options for entering the work force.
Sign up in the Career Center in P802 with Ms. Van-Madrigal
Available Career Center Workshops (For Individuals or Classes)
- Resume Writing
- How to Interview Effectively
- How to Fill Out a Job Application
- Soft & Hard Skills
- Career Search & Exploration
- Exploring Wierd & Unusual Scholarships
- Applying for Scholarships
- Basic e-Portfolios