What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success. Attention is focused on creating and sustaining primary (school-wide), secondary (classroom), and tertiary (individual) systems of support for all students.
Schools are discovering that PBIS:
- Helps to create a positive school climate.
- Addresses the behavioral needs of all students with proven, easy to implement strategies.
- Allows the school to create the “right fit” for them, so that practices are appropriate to the context and sustainable over time.
- Results in increased time for instruction and fewer disciplinary incidents.
- Is viable and does not have to overwhelm staff given the limited time and resources that schools have.
Colton High School Behavior Expectations
Act with Integrity!
It’s the Colton way!