Our Mission at CHS
Colton High School met for the first time on September 23, 1895. Professor W. F. Bliss was the principal and Latin teacher. The high school shared the same building with the First Lincoln Elementary School. In 1904, the high school got its own building located where the school cafeteria is today.
Our MISSION is to establish CHS as an award-winning, exemplary, California Distinguished High School that provides a supportive, collaborative, and stimulating learning environment where staff and students achieve the highest standards of excellence by:
Pursuing, experiencing, and creating rigorous learning opportunities
Recognizing and embracing diversity
Inspiring individual pride and school spirit
Developing energetic and enthusiastic educators and learners
Empowering one another to create positive change in the world